Post by : Dibyasha Das | Post on : February 25, 2021 at 7:40 am
A sustainable business is a marketing strategy following environmental interest and social commitment. Nowadays, when the climate crisis is at its peak, engaging in sustainable business is the best idea to contribute to nature and strengthen the world economy.
To generate long-term benefit from such types of businesses, it must incorporate economic, environmental, and social priorities within the company’s objectives, operations, and planning.
Sustainable Business Ideas: Let’s look at some of the best sustainable ideas to inherit in 2021.
- A business of producing eco-friendly cleaning products
- Sustainable event-planning agencies
- Organic food retailoring
- Opening eco-friendly restaurants
- Establishing renewable energy-generating wind farms
- Factories of solar (energy conserving) panels
- Plant delivery service
- Open used libraries (recycling old books)
- An Eco-friendly travel planning agency
- Recycled garment boutique
Strategies: To encourage the transition from unsustainable into a sustainable organisation, the sustainable business strategy is the vehicle. This approach should lay down a way that helps and promotes the business as a long-term concern.
The following essential elements are required as sustainable business strategies:
- Talk and engage: While planning a sustainability strategy, the first and most critical step is building a winning business case.
- Acknowledgement of the strategic context: Recognising global and local sustainable organisations’ problems and finding respective solutions are vital in establishing an environment-friendly business.
- A strong vision for sustainability: Portraying the long-term ambition of the organisation in environmental, social, and economic developments is another crucial factor for starting an eco-friendly business.
- Communication: Besides, keeping regular communication to internal and external stakeholders with credibility and openness is an important goal to achieve in a sustainable start-off.
Examples: The sustainable business strategy is a continually evolving phenomenon worldwide. People have come out of the false assurance of natural resources to be infinite and has finally started to take vital steps against them. Here are examples of some renowned international platforms involved in sustainable business.
- The website ‘Flygen’ has adopted a commendable effort to encourage people to buy CO2 emission-free flights.
- IKEA has established more than 700,000 solar panels and later started to sell solar plans to its UK customers.
- Prolific LA brand like Christy Dawn makes garments from deadstock fabrics.
- Food brands like Beyond Meat, PepsiCo, and wine brands such as Brown-Forman use climate-sensitive ingredients in their products.
- Organisations like General Mills, Xylem contribute significantly to the sustainability of water usage.
Finally, all it takes an individual a little bit of empathy and responsibility towards mother earth. If we all take baby steps towards the welfare of the planet we’re living in, we can fight threats like climate change. And sustainable business is one of the most sensible decisions to take in this concern.
– Abhra Roy